The Sacred Heart College library is the information center of the school. It houses information sources relevant to the program offering of each course. With the advent of technology and computers the media center was able to introduce On-Line Public Access Catalog (OPAC) system where the clientele could have easy access and knowledge on hand. Students enrolled in various course programs will surely learn that library is part of their life; they only need competence and skills to develop awareness on the importance of books and libraries.
The Sacred Heart College Library serves its clientele by the following objectives:
1. To acquire, establish, develop and maintain from sources a comprehensive collection of information and reference materials in all fields that are accessible and will cater to the needs of the students.
2. To provide convenient and accessible facilities of its physical set up.
3. To maintain the master catalog and indexes of all materials acquired by the library.
4. To provide references to all students, faculty and other school personnel
5. To provide readers services pertinent to the library.
1. Circulation Section – provides books for general circulation.
2. Reserved Section – houses materials required and recommended by the faculty to their classes. Books are kept together under special rules and regulations.
3. Reference Section– provides different references sources, which are broader in sense and not limited to any single subject but useful for all subject areas. Books in this section are for library use only.
4. Filipiniana Section – consist of books written by Filipino authors and books about the Philippines.
5. Periodical Section – provides newspapers, journals and magazines both foreign and local circulation.
6. Vertical File – consist of clippings on current issues and articles relevant to the course offering.
7. Graduate School Library – equipped with materials and resources supplemental to the SHC M.A. curriculum. It is a fully air conditioned room intended for the use of faculty and M.A. students.
8. Thesis Section – houses the thesis produced and written by college & graduate students.
9. OPAC Section – provides computers for searching and access on library materials available.
10. E-Journal & Internet Section – provides access to electronic journals