Research is one the major functions of Higher Education Institutions. Sacred Heart College as one of the HEIs is mandated to perform its functions relative to research to contribute to the national development and improve the quality of lives of people. It carries its mandates as defined in its mission statement, to wit:
Synergistically facilitate the integral development of the learners towards transformation through current researches, relevant curricular offerings and responsive community extension services/researches oriented towards a community service (Administrative Manual, 2012, p. 14).
Corollary to this, the National Higher Education Research Agenda (NHERA 2, 2009-2018) defines the policies that guide HEI research to develop the research capacity and enhance research productivity in HEIs and identifies priority areas for research and research related programs.
The Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) at its visit to Sacred Heart College in 2011 and 2016, recommended among others the need for research activities to take place in the academic departments (PAASCU Report, 2011) and to create a databank of all College researches which will serve as valuable information source for the research directions, plans, and undertakings of SHC (PAASCU Report, 2016).
Cognizant of the need to make research results known and disseminated not only locally and nationally but also internationally, this Web-based Research Repository of Sacred Heart College was created and designed. This aims to provide and sustain databank/database of all researches conducted in the institution thereby increasing the research productivity of its personnel and students; and making relevant materials in research more accessible. It is noteworthy to mention that some researches included in this web-based research repository are refereed/reviewed by experts in the field.
1. Bona fide students of Sacred Heart College (undergraduate and graduate school students) also known as in-house users.
2. Other students and researchers of other schools/institutions also known as guest user.
1. For in-house users, Abstract and the full copy of the research
2. For guest users, abstract only.
Data Needed to Log-in
1. Username (Student #)
3. Password (Student password)
Data that can be downloaded (Full Paper Copy)
3. Year Completed
7. Results and Discussion
10. References (in APA Style )
1. Researches are categorized by discipline; i.e. business administration, teacher education, nursing and allied fields, social work, languages, mathematics, sciences, social sciences, educational management, physical education, special education, technological and livelihood education, computer education and science,
2. Downloadable version of documents is also available.
Some Ethical Considerations
1. Paraphrase downloaded materials. Avoid plagiarism.
2. Do not forget to make appropriate citation.
3. Cite Sacred Heart College as the source of information of downloaded materials/researches in the final references/bibliographic entries.